Sunday, 17 January 2021
Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit
Phillip Island Super Sprint - Sunday 17th January 2021
Welcome to Phillip Island Grand Prix Circuit for our first event for 2021.
We are aiming to run a fun and successful event in the context of Covid-19 new normal. To do that we will need your help. We will be hosting an online information briefing before the event. Look out for details.
Competition Vehicle Registration
A 2021 Vehicle Registration Form must be submitted prior to this event to be eligible for Competition Points. The prefilled forms for cars registered in 2020 were emailed out 18th December or click here for a blank 2021 form. Forms must be returned in sufficient time for the Scrutineers to review the form prior to the close of entries. Early forms are appreciated. The 2021 Competition Rules are available for viewing here.
Due to the complicated requirements for this event, we prefer participants to have experience at Phillip Island and in Porsche Club events for Competition class. Please contact the Competition Director (details below) to discuss your level of experience if you are unsure.
Evidence of prior track experience or satisfactory completion of a high-performance driver training course is a Club requirement for the timed competition classes.
All Competitors will require a Dorian transponder to be fitted to their cars for times to be recorded. Please make sure they are properly fitted and charged. Dorians can be hired for the day but must be booked at time of entry. New Dorian units can be purchased from Carly via firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrée Class - Fully booked. Email Carly on email@example.com to go on the waiting list.
Entree Class will be run at Phillip Island. Entree is the ideal racetrack introduction for new members and those who have not competed before. Entrants in the Entrée class get separate sessions of untimed practice. Mentors will be provided from experienced club members. No advanced driver training, fire extinguishers or Dorians are required. All you need is a Motorsport Australia (CAMS) Speed Licence, an approved helmet, suitable clothing (see Supp Regs) and a roadworthy vehicle. Please note Entrée Class numbers are strictly limited.
Note: if we are unable to deliver our normal Entree Class program due to Covid-normal restrictions we will formulate an alternative program to deliver a Track experience for newer entrants.
Click Here for further Entree class information.
The Maximum Noise must not exceed 95db(A) as measured by 30-metre drive by test on equipment provided by circuit. This is a requirement of the venue.
Garages can be booked at $75 (GST inclusive) each on entry.
We expect the Phillip Island kiosk will be open and serving hot food, sandwiches, and coffee throughout the day.
PCV Marshalling Team
If you are available to assist with this event or are new and would like to give marshalling a try you can register as a Track Marshal through the kiosk link above and you will be contacted. Alternatively, you can contact the Marshal coordinator via email here.
Open Pit Afternoon Session
If participants’ numbers drop off by mid-afternoon, the Clerk of Course may consider the option of having an open pit from 3:30pm until close at 4:30pm. This open pit session may be declared either timed or untimed.
Changes to normal practice
To run an event considering Covid-19 normal requirements we need to make changes to our normal practices. These may include (watch for further announcements leading up to the Event):
- Government requirements - Federal, State and Local Public Health Authority guidelines will be followed in the running of this event.
- Monitoring - all attendees (including Competitors, Officials, and support crew) are required to preregister for the event.
- Venue entry and exit - Entry and Exit to the event will be via the main security point. A list of authorised competitors, support crew and officials will be provided to the venue security staff. Only authorised attendees will be allowed access to the venue.
- Social distancing - all competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. Under no circumstances are competitors to enter the control tower or another competitor’s garage.
- Documentation and Licence checking - all documentation and licence checking will be conducted remotely prior to the event.
- Briefings/Event communication - all pre-event briefings will be conducted online. As noted, it is intended to hold an electronic information session in coming weeks.
- Scrutiny - scrutiny arrangements will comply with Motorsport Australia Return to Race protocols.
- Paddock - all competitors, officials and volunteers must demonstrate social distancing requirements and remain 1.5m apart. When using public amenities, they must comply with the maximum crowd allowance as displayed.
- Competitors and Team personnel - Nominated and registered support crew (maximum one (1) per entrant) must stay within allotted spaces. This limit does not apply to Service provider staff, however all staff attending must preregister.
- Race Control/Tower – Access will not be available except to nominated Officials.
- Entries - To allow time for additional administration, entries will close earlier than usual, on 11 January 2021 (or earlier if maximum entry numbers are reached).
General Enquiries to the Competition Director by email or phone 0407 544 751.
Entry Fee $270 with own car numbers/ $290 if you require numbers.
Gates will be open from 7.00am and close at 6:00pm
Click Here for Supplementary Regulations
Click Here for Online Entries. Driver entries are closed. Drivers' 1 x supporter person entries are still open. Contact Carly if assistance is required on 9817 6911 or firstname.lastname@example.org